New York City's Department of Buildings reminds construction workers of the
revised Construction Superintendent Rule - complete with penalties
for those in violation.
As per 1 RCNY §3301-02 of the New York City Building Code, the Department reminds Construction Superintendents that:
- Registered Construction Superintendents (CS) still cannot be designated on more than 10 jobs. Please see the related Service Notice for how to ensure compliance.
- Site Safety Managers and Site Safety Coordinators cannot sign up for jobs that require a Registered Construction Superintendent.
- Primary Registered Construction Superintendents must visit all jobs on which they are designated on a daily basis. Exceptions are specified by the Rule.
- Registered Construction Superintendents must keep a complete and detailed log of their daily activities.
- Registered Construction Superintendents have several required duties, including maintaining a safe construction site, ensuring compliance with approved plans, and correcting unsafe conditions.
For more information on New York City's Building Code, visit their website. For more information on construction training courses, visit Zack Academy's website - we offer Site Safety Coordinator and Site Safety Manager courses.