Wednesday, August 3, 2016

How to Get an EPA 608 Technician Certification Online

EPA 608 Technician Certification Exam for refrigerents

Before we discuss the two available EPA 608 Technician Certification Online Exam courses, it's first important to know which exam you need to take.

Which Type of EPA 608 Certification Do I Need?
  • TYPE I: For servicing, maintaining or repairing small appliances that contain less than 5 pounds of refrigerants.
  • TYPE II: For servicing, maintaining, repairing or disposing of high pressure appliances, except small appliances and motor vehicle air conditioning systems (MVACS).
  • TYPE III: For servicing, maintaining, repairing or disposing of low pressure appliances, such as chillers.
  • UNIVERSAL: For servicing, maintaining, repairing or disposing of ALL types of equipment. To achieve the Universal Certification, Technicians must pass the CORE, I, II, & III exam sections. 

Which EPA 608 Certification program should I register for?
When signing up for an EPA 608 Technician Certification exam online you have two options:

1. EPA 608 Technician Certification Online Anytime - $200
  • Includes online preparatory course and materials for all exam sections.
  • Includes all proctoring fees (CORE, Type I, II, III or Universal) when taken online - students must have a webcam and microphone.
  • It is also possible to take the type II and III exams in-person; however, there will be a small additional proctoring fee required.
2. EPA 608 Technician Certification Exam Online Anytime - $150
  • Includes the online proctoring fees only - no prep course
    • CORE, Type I, II, III or Universal
  • Students must have a webcam an microphone to take the exam online.
  • The exam must be scheduled 72 hours in advance, however it can be scheduled for any day, any time, 24/7.
  • Free practice exams are available for review prior to sitting for the exams.
With both options, participants can select which test sections they'd like to take - for example, if you only need Type I certification, you would only need to take the CORE and Type I tests. For EPA Universal Certification, you must past all sections: CORE, Type I,  Type II, and Type III.

Remember, EPA 608 Technician Certification Is the LAW!
Companies with un-certified employees are are subject to heavy fines (max $27,500) as well as the employee who does not have this specific certification. Regardless of Local, State or Industry licenses the EPA 608 Technician Certification is still required if you work on refrigerant containing equipment.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to call 646-564-3546 or contact us at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment